Sunday 3 December 2017

Winter gear

One of the things I like about this time of year is buying new winter gear.   And as it was my birthday I had the perfect excuse.  The boxes arrived and I was excited to try on my new high viz running jacket along with my new tights - but the weather turned mild and they were too warm!  The same happened today so I'll just have to wait till the rain, snow or frost arrives as it did the week before.
I added 2 additional shorter runs this week where I pushed the pace.  I don't enjoy doing that when I'm not back to fitness but it gets me there.  Both longer runs this weekend were quicker than last and I'll take that as a sign of progress.
I'm threatening to get back in the pool but have decided to use a pool boy so I can build my upper body while working on breathing exercises.  This in turn will improve my core and my running. Still haven't made it onto the turbo trainer but there will be plenty of time for that over the holidays.
My aim in December is to get more training sessions in per week and to avoid the excesses where possible. The real hard word starts in January and by then I will have confirmed by race schedule for 2018.  I'm excited just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment